This review of Quintessential Style contains some affiliate links for your convenience. If you purchase a product through my link, I may receive a small commission. I so appreciate every click-through and purchase! Every little bit helps to keep My Side of 50 up and running!
I have written several blog posts about how it has been hard for me to find my “personal style” or any sense of style that I feel good about in midlife. Midlife weight gain, the difficulty in finding clothes that are both comfortable and stylish, knowing what is on-trend or how to mix, match & accessorize are all factors that contribute to me feeling less than confident when it comes to getting dressed every day.
Quintessential Style: Cultivate and Communicate Your Signature Look has come to the rescue. Rather than just being a book with a few general beauty and fashion tips, it is an actual workbook that helps you figure out all the elements needed to help you look your best:
- Worksheets to help you determine what you want to communicate through your look.
- Your best colors, taking into account your skin color, hair color and contrast between the two.
- Body shape and proportion.
- How different cuts of clothing and types of fabrics can flatter your figure.
- How to put together a basic wardrobe with a few classic pieces and use accessories to create many different looks.
- Tips for skin care and makeup that enhance your natural beauty in midlife.
In Quintessential Style, author Janna Beatty brings over 30 years of experience in the beauty consulting business. She has studied in New York and Paris with some of the most respected advisors in the beauty and fashion industry.
“After all that (study), it is the 30 years of working with my amazing clients that has taught me the most important thing — each person is unique, with his/her own beautiful possibilities.” – Janna Beatty
You can purchase Quintessential Style: Cultivate and Communicate Your Signature Look here.
You might also like:
Tie A Scarf 3 Ways!
Like to accessorize with scarves, but bored with the way you are tying them? Subscribe to My Side of 50 and get 3 Fashionable Ways to Tie a Scarf TODAY!