#advertisement I received compensation from Dr. Scholl’s® to write this post. All opinions are entirely my own. #CustomFitRelief #DrScholls
Are you a walker? If you are, good for you! Walking has so many health benefits. Improved blood pressure and cardiovascular health. Weight loss. And did you know that a daily walk can also boost your mood?
If you’re a walker, I know that I don’t have to convince you. But there are two things that can sideline even the most devoted daily walker. Boredom and pain.
Let’s tackle boredom first. Do you ever feel like you get into a walking rut? You take the same route every day. Listen to the same playlist. BOOORRR-INNGGG! It’s not long before you’ve lost the motivation to get up off the couch and WALK. Let me offer these suggestions and give you 10 Ways To Keep Your Daily Walk Fun and Exciting.
Change your location
- If you walk in your neighborhood, try exploring a new one. And while you’re at it, take some pictures of the landscaping and houses. These can serve as great ideas if it’s time to paint your house a different color or try something new in the flower beds.
- Go to a city park. You probably know of the parks near you. But you can also look at your local Park’s Department website to find some parks that are new to you with walking trails or other amenities.
- Go to a garden or arboretum. There may be a fee to get in, but what a great opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of plants and flowers that are native to your area.
- Do you live in the city? Take a walk downtown early on Saturday or Sunday morning. And stop for coffee afterwards.
- Does your city have a tunnel system? I live in Houston and there is a huge underground tunnel system connecting many of our downtown office buildings. It’s kind of a city unto itself and a great place to walk. Also, the perfect location if the weather is too hot, too cold, or it’s raining.
- Live near water? Take a walk along the river, bayou, on the boardwalk, or around the lake.
Walk with friends
- Join a walking club. Having a dedicated time for a walk with others is motivation to never miss your daily walk. Don’t know of any walking clubs in your area? Check Meetup.com or start one of your own.
Set a goal
- Set a goal to work up to 10k steps a day or to walk for 30 minutes a day.
Download a new app
- There are apps to help motivate you in a number of ways:
- Tracking your mileage.
- Creating routes for you.
- Providing playlists based on your taste in music and distance you’ll be walking. And they even feature music to help pace your walk.
- Apps that PAY you to walk! They track your distance and pay you with their “currency” that allows you to buy things from their store.
- Apps that donate to charity a certain amount for every mile you walk.
Learn while you walk
- Listen to books and podcasts while you walk.
So are you motivated to change up the routine and get out there and walk?
Then let’s talk about the other issue that gets in the way – PAIN in your feet, knees, or lower back.
Do your feet hurt or do you have pain in your knees? Pain like that will certainly keep you from walking. And if you’re on your feet a lot, this type of pain is common.
But there is a solution! Dr. Scholl’s® Custom Fit® Orthotic Inserts can help by providing immediate and all day relief for the foot, knee, or lower back pain you may experience from being on your feet.
I purchased my Dr. Scholl’s® Custom Fit® Orthotic Inserts at Walmart.
How does Dr. Scholl’s® provide a custom fit? They do it through their Custom Fit® Kiosk that uses over 2,000 pressure sensors to create your Custom Footmap – identifying your arch type, foot length, and unique pressure points. In under 2 minutes, the kiosk evaluates all this data and recommends the Custom Fit® Orthotic Inserts that are right for you!
At my local Walmart, the Custom Fit® Kiosk is next to the Pharmacy. You can find a Custom Fit® Kiosk near you here.
It was super easy to use.
- Just step on it and press “start” to follow the instructions on the screen.
2. Grab the black bars in front of you.
- Lift your left foot so that all the weight is on your right foot.
- Put your left foot down and lift your right foot.
- Put your right foot down and you’re finished!
In a couple of minutes, the Custom Fit® Kiosk told me that I had a high arch and a high level of foot pressure and recommended just the right Custom Fit® Orthotics for me!
Dr. Scholl’s® Custom Fit® Orthotics have 4 layers, each providing a different benefit. Together, these layers provide support and cushioning that are custom fitted to your feet, immediately relieving foot and lower body pain and providing you with all-day comfort.
When I first put on my walking shoes with Dr. Scholl’s® Custom Fit® Orthotics, the cushioning and arch support were incredible. I felt like I could wear my shoes and be on my feet all day and be very comfortable. If you are a teacher, nurse, busy mom or anyone who stands a lot, you have to try these!
Dr. Scholl’s is offering a $10 savings after purchase at the Custom Fit® Online Rebate Center AND a money back guarantee. Visit Dr. Scholl’s® Money Back Guarantee Page for more information the 90-day guarantee.
So, if you have pain that is keeping you from your daily walk, you have nothing to lose! Visit the Dr. Scholl’s Custom Fit® Kiosk at Walmart and get fitted for your Dr. Scholl’s® Custom Fit® Custom Orthotics today!