When you read blogs, you may notice that there is usually a section below every post that says “Comments”. Have you ever left a comment on a blog post? Before I started blogging, I rarely did.
Why leave a Blog comment?
- To express an opinion
- To share a similar view or experience
- To strongly disagree
- To start a conversation
You Can Reply to Other’s Comments
Did you know that you can also reply to other’s comments on a blog post? Commenting and replying to other’s comments are a great way to share experiences, opinions and connect with people out of your immediate circle. This has been one of the most fun and gratifying parts of participating in these online conversations for me.
What commenting does for a Blogger:
- There aren’t many of us who are in the blogging business just to pontificate and throw a bunch of random information and opinions out there. We love to hear back from our readers! We want to connect with you and have a conversation with you. When you comment, most of us comment back!
[bctt tweet=”Comment on the blog posts you read. Bloggers LOVE to connect with you!” username=”@MySideof50″]
- It helps us know what posts you are connecting with. For example, this post about my difficulty in getting an ultrasound after a questionable mammogram really touched a cord. I had SO MANY comments from women with similar experiences not only with mammograms, but other medical procedures as well. That tells me that I need to do further research into this topic and do more posts about it, as it is obviously a topic that touches a lot of my core readers.
- It helps our analytics. Now – this is not the only reason or the prime reason, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t lay it all out for you. Most bloggers use a tool called Google Analytics that gives us all kinds of information on how our blog is doing. One thing that GA measures is how long a reader stays on a page on our blog. If you are commenting, you are staying on longer.
- Potential advertisers look not only at how many followers we have, but also how ENGAGED our followers are. The number of comments we get is an indication of follower engagement.
So, there you have it. Have you ever commented on a blog post? Will you start now? Is there something that surprised you about why comments are so important to a blogger? Would love to talk about it with you!
You might also like these posts in the “Love a Blog? Do This!” series: