Have you heard of Lyft? I had not until I took a trip with my girlfriends to Nashville. The “girls” who took this girlfriend trip are actually middle aged women with 13 grandchildren between the four of us!
In planning our trip, we decided to stay in a house we found on VRBO.com in the Nashville suburbs. Hotels near the downtown area where a lot of the action is were VERY EXPENSIVE and the 4-bedroom house we rented worked perfectly for our needs. At the suggestion of our landlord, we used the LYFT app to take us everywhere we wanted to go.
3 Reasons To Ride With Lyft When You Travel
None of us had ever used this “new-fangled” way of getting around. But It’s SUPER EASY! All you do is:
- Download the LYFT app on your phone.
- Set up an account using your e-mail and a credit card number.
- Select the size car you need.
- Verify your pick up location.
- Enter your destination and request your ride.
You will get:
- The name and a picture of your driver.
- The license plate number and model of the car that will be coming.
- The driver’s phone number.
- The estimated time of arrival.
When your LYFT driver arrives, you will get a call or text. Just hop in the car and you are chauffeured to your location. You don’t need cash. When you arrive, you verify the payment on your phone with the option to add the tip.
It’s fast and convenient and if you are traveling, you can’t beat it.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. If you purchase a product through my link, I may receive a small commission. I so appreciate every click-through and purchase! Every little bit helps to keep My Side of 50 up and running!
Here are 3 reasons that the ladies on my trip LOVED LYFT:
- It was economical. Parking in Nashville is scarce and expensive. We saved money splitting the cost of a LYFT. Plus we received discount referral codes from our VRBO landlords, from our LYFT drivers and for sending LYFT referral links to each other.
- We didn’t have to worry about finding the places we wanted to go in an unfamiliar city.
- Our drivers were very knowledgeable about Nashville. From great places to see to restaurants, these locals were a wealth of information that you won’t get on any travel site.
Now for the good part – not only do I LOVE LYFT, I just so happen to have a referral code for up to $50 in free rides for new subscribers to LYFT.
If you have never signed up for LYFT, enter this code when setting up your account and you will receive the discount that is being offered in your city.
Here is the list of cities where LYFT is available.
You might also like: