One of the perks of midlife is sharing cocktails with your adult children! We’ve started a tradition of having a “signature cocktail” for all our special family events. The joke in our family is we spend more time planning the cocktails than we do the food! We served this Berry Lemon Cocktail from Melissa Kaylene for our Father’s Day brunch and have continued to enjoy it throughout the summer. It is filled with fresh raspberries and blackberries and is so light and refreshing. Enjoy!
Sparkling Lemon Berry Cocktail
[bctt tweet=”Sparkling Lemon Berry Cocktail – A Refreshing Summer Drink!” username=”MySideof50.com”]
Sparkling Berry Lemon Cocktail
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 3 lemons
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- Rosemary sprigs (for garnish – optional)
- Club soda
- Fill large pitcher with raspberries, blackberries and one lemon, sliced.
- Gently smash berries and lemon with wooden spoon.
- Squeeze juice of two remaining lemons into the pitcher.
- Add sugar and vodka. Stir.
- Pour mixture into glasses filled with ice and top off with Club soda and a sprig of Rosemary.
You Might Also Like: